Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 3, 2010

Coincidence or Fate?

The student section known as "The MUSS" at the University of Utah has over 6,000 members. That means over 6,000 different seats that would be (somewhat) randomly selected and given to me. As I walked into the stadium I was stoked that I would be sitting on row 20 at the 30 yard line. I was excited beyond belief. My friend Matt was already inside waiting for me as I walked in and glanced ahead at our seats. There I saw matt sitting a row behind out tickets oblivious to the couple sitting in front of him which were the seats next ours. With my jaw wide in unbelief I looked at my ticket number. Then back up at the familiar couple. Then back at my tickets. Matt and I have seats 14 and 15. My ex-girlfriend and ex-best friend have seats 16 and 17.
WTF!!!
Trying to be a lil sneaky so they wouldn't see me I sat next to Matt behind them so I could try to think about how I would handle sitting right next to them for not just an entire game, but for an entire season of football. Well, as I was pondering the situation their entire crew showed up. All of which are good friends of mine. One of them has a knack of making the most of any awkward situation. After saying hello to my ex he looked past them and ran a gave me a hug. My ex was a little surprised when she realized what he was doing, she obviously hadn't noticed me come in. Continuing to make the situation awkward he laughed as he glanced back and forth between the couple and myself.
I couldn't help but laugh at the chances something such as this could happen.
I guess they could sense the awkwardness in the air as well. It wasn't long til they nonchalantly move down a few rows.
Why is my life so dramatic? I understand I bring some of it upon myself, but this. Really?
Well, thats one game down and five to go.

2 comments:

  1. This kind of stuff happens to you, too??? Seriously, these situations are the story of my life, and what my friends look forward to them so they can hear the story afterward!
    Funny upon reflection. Torturous while happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...oh good I'm not the only the only person that faces these kinds of frustrating situations. And yes, I have several friends that will call me up just to hear about the latest drama taking place in my life. I'm just not sure what kind of friends they are...Haha.

    ReplyDelete